10.07.2005

This is What it's Like to Fall in Love

I sometimes don't think I am capable of expressing enough love or appreciation for music. I was sitting in a coworker's office when a song came on by Better Than Ezra, my best friend's most favorite band. And while I've always felt like BTE was an okay band, I have to say there are some lyrics that just make me melt in a song called Lifetime.

"And you move like water. I could drown in you."

And because I have always loved writing, I am often drawn to lyrics. I have so much admiration for people who can express themselves, especially when they are multi-talented and have the ability to put beautiful music behind their words.

That moment, right there, when I hear those words sung just so, that is what music is to me. A perfect, nearly magical moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home