3.27.2003

Stocking the Future

Sometimes, how my day forms itself really mesmerizes me. When I wake up in the morning, my first thought is always that I should have gotten to bed earlier. My second thought is to get going and that I'm already behind. As soon as I'm ready to leave, I'm usually a little miffed that my mother is still sound asleep and has the entire day to get things done at home. In my case, there is always something to be done. That's how life is, right?

Today, even the slightest chance that I might change my daily scenery has my brain zipping with what if's. I start daydreaming about the things that might be, could be, and probably should be, at least by now. The mere thoughts are bringing a smile to my face. I've always said I'm not much of a planner. I have long since considered it a waste of time. It's like banking on the abstract of potential or something. Now, I have mental lists of things I must accomplish. I have secret longings of things I'd like to conquer. Okay, so maybe I just don't sit and constantly wonder if I'll ever get married or have kids. That part I definitely consider a waste of time. Seriously, who really exercises that much control over that part of their life anyway? Perhaps it is the long-term potential that I find to be a complete waste of time. I know my girlfriend would argue with me right now. She'd say it isn't planning a marriage and family. It's preparing or simply wanting it. I guess I'm more of the mindset that one shouldn't waste their brain power on it. Wait until you get to the bridge or something. Better yet, let the horse get there first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home