10.16.2005

If Only








Fucking Awesome: The Money Shot







So, yes, I saw them. Yes, I was front row. Yes, I loved them. Yes, I got my camera smuggled in via a slightly protruding bulge in my pants. NO, I didn’t set off the metal detector, though you should have seen my face when they were scanning me. As the wand was waved past my hips & swept to the floor, I slowly started to feel relief. The security guy says to me, “Oh, look she can smile.” Seconds before, I could barely keep my shit together. I was too chicken shit to ask if cameras were allowed in. When I contacted the joint earlier in the week, they told me no, but that, that could change. They ended up being allowed, but I certainly didn’t know that going in. Otherwise, I would have brought the “lesbian size camera,” as my aunt has dubbed it.

This band is COLD. They put on a really good show, but used way too many strobe lights, which makes it so incredibly difficult to take good pictures. There was so much light and color, I had to use black and white, which came out really well. I got the playlist off the stage, a guitar pick, and shook Scooter Ward’s hand.

Not too shabby. And yes, I think I rock now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home