9.12.2006

How to Sell Your Soul

Not that I keep up with celebrity culture that much, but I do notice trends, like that of dark nail polish. I happened to be reading a People magazine in the break room at my part-time job and saw that Chanel had created a Black Satin nail polish that was in high demand and sold out around the country. Since I live in Atlanta, I (foolishly) thought I could still probably find a bottle. I journeyed to the Chanel counter and the salesman quickly said, "Nope, none in the country."

So, then I thought, "Well, then I'll go out of the country. I will find that damn nail polish." (You see why I'm a Taurus.) I called my dad's mobile, which has never been on since the dawn of mobile phone technology. I leave a rambling message that I'm sure he will never get if only because I'm sure he doesn't know how to check his voicemail. I text him to his work account, which he is usually better at responding to.

Thanks to Ebay, which is selling the nail polish up to $100/bottle, I later discover that the color is a limited edition and only sold in the U.S. My hopes of getting it dwindle. Chanel made Black Satin to be sold in the U.S. and a regular black to be sold in Canada, Europe, and Asia. I send my dad another email telling him that more than likely he won't be able to find it.

I get his email this morning.

"AFTER FLYING HALF WAY AROUND THE WORLD WESTBOUND, I ARRIVED IN HGK (Hong Kong). I WALKED NUMEROUS BLOCKS TO THE SHOPPING MALL AND WENT DIRECTLY TO THE CHANEL STORE. THEY WERE SOLD OUT BUT TRIED UNSUCCESSFULLY TO LOCATE SOME BY PHONE. I LEFT ONLY TO RETURN IN A HALF HOUR TO SEE IF THEY COULD ORDER SOME AND MAIL IT TO ME. THAT WAS NOT AN OPTION BUT THEY TRIED ONE MORE SHOPPING MALL. THEY HAD ONE LAST BOTTLE AND AGREED TO HOLD IT FOR ME. I BATTLED THE WIND, RAIN, SNOW, SLEET, AND HAIL. I HAD TO SWIM ACROSS A SHARK INFESTED CHANNEL. I HIKED 5 MILES BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE STORE TO GET THAT LAST BOTTLE OF BLACK SATIN NAIL POLISH 219. I THEN HIKED 5 MILES BACK AND AGAIN HAD TO SWIM THE SHARK INFESTED CHANNEL. I FOUGHT THE WIND, RAIN, SNOW, SLEET, AND HAIL TO MAKE MY RETURN. I CLIMBED INTO MY TRUSTY JET ON LOAN FROM FRED AND CONTINUED MY WESTBOUND JOURNEY THE REMAINING HALF OF MY TRIP AROUND THE WORLD TO BRING MY LITTLE GIRL HER D--- NAIL POLISH.

IF IN THE FUTURE I SHOULD NEED MY DEPENDS CHANGED, I EXPECT TO HAVE PRIORITY OVER YOUR MOTHER AFTER THIS ESCAPADE.

YOU STILL ARE A LOT OF TROUBLE. I LOVE YOU."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoiled Rotten!!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home