5.03.2004

8 Showers in 3 Days

That's my title for my weekend. That's how many showers I actually took since Friday. It would be nine if I counted this morning, but Monday isn't really part of the weekend. I went to Music Fest, and my eyes are burning from sleep deprivation, and perhaps they are a little irritated from other elements as well. I have to say that there is something about Music Fest that brings out a different side in me. I managed to get all the way to the very front to see Fuel, Live, and Foo Fighters. I was pretty close to Saliva as well. But I get totally starry-eyed at those events. On Friday, I was pretty nervous about getting trampled in the mosh pits. By Sunday night, I was cool with it, and learned how to use it to my advantage to capture the front row. I, unfortunately, was separated from my party on Sunday, and (unfortunately) had to indulge a stranger in polite conversation, which was really more of him asking me too many questions and forcing me to have things to say. I don't endure hot temperatures, freezing cold rain, mud, smoke, weed, beer, sweat, body odor, more mud, mosh pits, stupid teenage boys, mud slinging, bottle throwing, pushing, fighting, invasions of my personal space, and have I mentioned the mud?, to be hit on. I let guys touch me in ways that most dates don't get to all in name of body warmth. See what I am willing to do for the rock stars? And I have to say that being five feet away from Brett Scallions was totally worth every bit of it. And seeing Kevin Miller's bare ass only sweetened the deal. He is, by far, the hottest drummer I've ever seen.

P.S. I see a distinct resemblance between Ed Kowrlczyk and the character of Bullseye from Daredevil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home