12.21.2005

It's Good to Know that You're Alone

I went to my boss today to see if the phone situation had been corrected. We recently switched "teams" around the office. Teams are kind of how our area is now structured. I noticed today that several former teamsters are still coming through on my phone. When she informed that the phones were still screwed up and that she had been playing phone tag with the person that has to correct it, she then said, "Well, you've only got one more day here. I don't think you need to worry about it." I giggled like, "Fuck yeah, I do," and instead actually said my INNER THOUGHTS ALOUD, "Can you have them redo my phone so all my people are together, like on the same side, because they're like ALL OVER THE PLACE." As soon as I said it, I wanted to rewind the world just a mere five seconds. She just looked at me and started to laugh. I hung my head and said, "Too much to ask for. I knew that."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quickie:
The fun you have today comes after the work is done, but it will be worth the wait.

Overview:
You were thinking you'd have an average day -- that you'd go to work, get your work done and go home. Your coworkers, however, have decided that this is a fine time to make you work extra hard.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

My stalker learns how to comment. Awe.

Yeah, you're random. Besides, maybe you deserve that for always going in on your day off. Stop doing that.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home