4.20.2006

An Update

For those that are wondering, I am okay. The lack in posting is only due to the lack of internet options, which should drastically multiply once my internet is up and running at home.

Atlanta is just so beautiful. Yesterday, I walked to lunch by myself. I kept looking at the magnificent buildings surrounding me, and all I could do was smile. It is everything that I would want it to be here. My location, which made me apprehensive, is perfect. I seem to be 15 minutes away from everything. My "commute" to work is shorter than it was in Memphis, and I keep looking at the clock thinking, "Really? I'm already here?"

People are still very friendly and charmingly Southern. It seems that many have only lived here a few months or years, so I don't feel alone in that aspect. In some ways, Atlanta doesn't have that "small town" feeling, and in other ways, she does.

I am so happy and grateful for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful report! I'm so glad that you've found a place that you can call home.

If you ever get lonely or feel like chatting with someone from the "old neighborhod," drop me a line. You still have my e-mail address, I assume.

P.S. Be careful, okay?

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! What part of town are you living?

I was just talking with a co-worker today about a conference she was going to in Atlanta. It was going to be in Buckhead.

I'll have to e-mail you later but glad to hear that you made it to Atlanta and are happy!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home