9.09.2003

What's In a Face

In less than twelve hours, my grandmother is going to have plastic surgery. She has opted to have a face lift done. I visited her tonight completely prepared to do some obscene begging for her picture; however, she obliged my request rather quickly--something I hadn't anticipated. She's already been to two visits with her surgeon to ensure this procedure is something she truly wants to do. Today, they shaved parts of her hairline, mainly the back of her neck, in preparation for the pulling, tucking, and stitching of her skin.

I'm incredibly worried about her. I'm trying hard to refrain from telling her not to do this surgery. On the other hand, I'm fully ready to document the horrible process. Believe I'll be armed with a camera every day I see her.

My granny said she is prepared for the pain. She brought Alieve with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home