8.19.2004

Mercy has My Name

I've nearly given up on this blog. It just takes far too much clicking & editing now to get anything accomplished. I miss the old Blogger.

For starters, I had to go to the dentist today. I can think of few things worse than sitting in that dental chair with the high-pitched whirling noise of that damn drill combined with that gritty tooth polish. Every muscle in my body tenses at that place. I just want it to be over with. I'm a clean freak who constantly wonders if I'm grossing someone out. As my hygienist was scraping the plaque off my teeth, I was seriously thinking I was probably repulsive to her & that I had, apparently, not been taking care of my teeth judging by the work she had to put in. Just as thoughts were on the downward spiral, she said, "You have excellent teeth. They are so clean. I can tell you practice good hygiene." If she only knew that I spend about ten to fifteen minutes in the morning brushing them several times with at least two (sometimes three, though I rotate between four) different types of toothbrushes. I have a high, bordering on irrational, petrification of appearing to gross to anyone. It propels me to elevated levels of cleaning, whether it be my teeth, hair, room, or car. I probably need some medication.

In other news, I logged on to pay my mobile phone bill, and my heart nearly stopped. My bill was twice the amount it was supposed to be. As I drilled into my account, I realized that I went OVER MY MINUTES. WTF?! I'm a Reno. We don't do things like that, like ever. I might as well have bounced a check. The anxiety level in my body is at an all-time high. I've never bounced a check, never paid a fee, never paid a bill late. I just don't do things like that. I would be a sobbing heap of tears in the floor. Anal people don't make mistakes like that. I did breakdown and call the company. The customer service guy was really nice, and he did credit me some of the amount. I couldn't feel more pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home