7.29.2003

Talk About Covering Your Ass

At my part-time job, the company issued new employee handbooks. It's been about four years since I've seen one & some changes have been made, so my manager asked me to look over it. As I glanced at the company's outline of our employee discount, this sentence jumped out:

"Spouses of regular full-time, part-time and casual associates and same-gender domestic partners of regular full-time associates also receive a 40% discount."

Okay, that is just so funny to me. Don't get me wrong. I think it's great. I just keep imaging the corporate people with furrowed brows wondering what language they would use there, though I'm not sure why they limited the discount to only the full-time employees.

Sadly, my same-gender co-worker from my full-time job said, "Can I qualify for that?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home