2.22.2004

"Ab-so-fuckin'-lute-ly"

"Well, maybe it's time to be clear about who I am. I am someone who is looking for love...Real love. Ridiculous. Incovenient. Consuming. Can't-live-without-each-other love, and I don't think that love is here, in this expensive suite, in this lovely hotel, in Paris."

It's a sad day in HBO history as Sex and the City concluded. I recently posted that I didn't want to see Carrie end up with Mr. Big, but to be honest, I couldn't have been happier with the ending, unless of course, it could have gone on forever.

My weekend lasted far too long in the sense that Sunday night couldn't get here quick enough. By the time 8:00 rolled around, my stomach was almost in knots, and after a few minutes of watching Carrie stroll through Paris and masticate on some hard French bread, I literally thought to myself, "Okay, we have to get to steppin' because there's only 45 minutes. What's going to happen?"

Yes, I had said that I didn't want Carrie to end up with Mr. Big. True. But I stand humbly before you. The romantic in me liked the way Big showed up at the precise moment of Carrie's breakdown. I also enjoy that the writers are usually prudent to pair something heart wrenching with something hilarious. As soon as you start to tear up, something will knock you off of your butt with guffaw. In the end, I was still left wanting more. I could watch those girls every Sunday night for the rest of their lives. They will surely be missed.

P.S. The part between Samantha and Smith Jerrod wasn't too shabby either.

P.S.S. If you go back and watch the first season, particularly the first two to three episodes, the ending is even more perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home