2.05.2004

Gluttony & Greed

It's no secret that I can't cook. I can but to a very, very limited degree. I can, however, "bake," but then again, it's not Martha Stewart variety either. I made some chewy oatmeal raisin cookies from scratch a few days ago. I tend to mix the ingredients and just make a few each day. Last night, I made the rest of the batch.

On my way out this morning, I couldn't seem to find any of the cookies. I just got off the phone with my mother.

Me: "I'm hungry."

Mom: "I'm not. I just ate a bunch of oatmeal cookies. They were so good!"

Me: "I was looking for those this morning! Did you hide them?"

Mom: "Yeah, I did!" (Gut busting laughter.) "I knew you'd take them if I didn't!"

Me: "Okay, that's so mean! I only wanted one or two. I cannot believe you mothered me. You are pure evil."

Mom: "I'm sorry."

Me: "No, you're not. I can tell."

Mom: "I thought about sleeping with them." (More laughter)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home