8.19.2005

This Song is Stuck in My Head

Indifference
I will light the match this mornin', so I won't be alone.
Watch as she lies silent, for soon light will be gone.
Oh, I will stand arms outstretched, pretend I'm free to roam.
Oh, I will make my way through one more day in Hell.

How much difference does it make?

I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm.
Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired.
Oh, I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind.
Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind.

How much difference does it make?
I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune.
I will scream my lungs out, till it fills this room.
How much difference? How much difference does it make?

It's a very slow, killing song, and I made the semi-mistake of putting it on repeat last night. It totally sounds like something that you should experience while you're high.

And oddly enough, I dreamt of Aaron Lewis last night, not Eddie Vedder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home