1.08.2004

The Dorkster, Known as Jeni

More thank likely, I should probably forgo this post, but I cannot help it. I work for a bank, and there is a huge amount of paperwork involved in every job I've held here. Recently, I moved to a new department (one that seems to be rather affluent as well), and they actually have a "file clerk." I asked my boss if this was all the girl did, and she said "Pretty much." I then asked if she was an unhappy individual, and she said, "No, not at all." I, personally, could think of very few things more unfulfilling that filing.

Anyhow, I try to keep my crap extremely neat because I have to in order to keep me from going nuts. Here, everything is filed in numerical account order, which consists of ten numbers. It makes it hard to file or at least harder than by names. I was told I could take my work to the file clerk at any time, but I shouldn't let it pile up. (The person telling me this has no concept of how I work. There would never be piles on my desk. Ugh.) So, I keep all my work stapled, paperclipped, holes punched, and in numerical order already, hopefully thinking this would have to make the file clerk's job just a tiny bit easier.

So, today, I get this e-mail:

"Jeni, I want to thank you for how you bring me your paperwork already in order and very neatly. Just want you to know I do appreciate it."

Is that not the sweetest e-mail ever?! I cannot stop grinning. I may have to go give her a big hug, which is a lot for me because I don't usually touch people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home