1.07.2004

Late Night Surprises

Okay, so it's way past my bedtime, but I just couldn't suppress the zeal. An old girlfriend of mine called me today. She mentioned she had someone she wanted me to meet because she thinks we would just be "great together." Within minutes, I was looking at a stranger's picture, which wasn't too shabby. A few e-mails and phone calls later, and I was giving her permission to pass along my phone number. I had completely forgotten about this transaction until I was getting ready to hop into the bed.

He actually called me, and I must give him credit for not sounding like an idiot on my machine. I'm not one of those new-agers with voicemail. He only got one shot to make his message good, which would have paralyzed a girl like myself. There would have been a lot of Homer Simpson's doh's going on if I had to be a boy. I'm rather flattered.

It should also be noted that when I asked what was wrong with this cute, nice, single boy, my girlfriend replied "Nothing." So when I said, "If this doesn't work out--" she cut me off with a "Well, then, that is going to be your fault." I congratulated her for applying more pressure because the mere mention of the set up was enough to turn my stomach into a concrete block.

I'm also kicking myself for not buying this in Atlanta when I should have. That is definitely good dating material and probably a good conversation piece as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home