6.07.2006

Dreaming of Green

I know that as soon as I type this and see it in "print," I will say to myself, "What were you thinking," but I'm seriously weighing my options and thinking of getting a third job. Now, I haven't had three jobs since probably two years ago, where I worked a side job for myself. It didn't last long, but it netted me a couple extra hundred bucks and helped my savings account. Other than that, the tri-arena of work really hasn't been tested since my college days. I worked retail and worked for a doctor's office where I could make my own hours. With a full load of courses, that office job was a God send. I tried to work a third retail job, but it was impossible to get my managers to schedule around each other. I really think I could do it again though. My second part-time job has no flexibility to the scheduling. I have had the same shifts now going on either five or six weeks. With hours like that, I could easily fit something else into the schedule.

I've tossed this idea around some folks here, and I keep hearing, "Don't get burn out." But what's an extra 10 or 15 hours, really? I begged for work when I was 15. I could not wait to get a job. After graduating college, I took my senior trip, and I was working full time by the end of May. I really don't think I would know what to do if I couldn't or didn't work. I tend to get greedy when I look at my savings account. I just start getting competitive with it. In high school, I loaned money out once, and I kind of got the feeling I would have been a great loan shark, except for that whole thing about taking people out when they don't pay you back on time. I was kind of missing that crucial step in the plan.

I'm crazy, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Of course you're crazy. That's one of the things I like about you.

A third job? Are things that hard in Atlanta, or are do you just have financial security issues? Honestly, I admire your drive---especially given that you're a Taurus.

If you work all the damned time, you'll have little time to meet Mr. Right. Of course, I could be Mr. Wrong about that. Hell, love happens when and where it will.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Things aren't that hard here, but the cost of living is definitely higher. More so if you are a Taurus admiring the finer things in life.

I won't be working all the time. Maybe 60 hours between all three jobs, if I do indeed get the third gig. Besides, working a third job only means that I meet more people...like Mr. Right (For Now).

8:35 AM  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

hmmmh...the ox IS a great and hard worker. Just don't forget to eat the best of the best hay and lay the best of the best straw!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home