8.02.2003

Baby Punk Gains a Year

Today, is my little lover's birthday, and by "little lover," I mean my cat Smeagol. I've only had two lovers before him. My first cat Whiskers (stray #1) was with me from about kindergarten through my senior year in high school. My second cat Forrest Gump (stray cat #2) was truly my soul mate. He got very, very sick on me last year. After surgery and months of shots, he finally let me know that he was ready to go.

So, after a few months of complete and utter loneliness, I got Smeagol for Christmas. I had actually picked him out a few months earlier at a pet show, but I never knew that he would become mine. After I had to put Mr. Gump down, I decided I would try to get a cat with a supposed disposition like him. I researched breeds and finally decided I wanted a Bengal cat.

So, for Christmas, I got this glittered little kitten with a meow that could scare the neighbors. But oh I have grown to love him and so has everyone else. He is complimented all the time, and his grandmother & aunt actually carry pictures of him in their wallets. He reminds me of the late Mr. Gump from time to time. In fact, I think that Mr. Gump would have liked this little kitten, but then again, he liked everybody.

Today, however, is Smeagol's first birthday. Due to this being the first cat whose birthday I've actually known, we decided to celebrate it with a candle glowing from a can of Fancy Feast. Smeagol looked puzzled on how he was going to eat with a glowing, hot candle in his food. We took pictures and sang him Happy Birthday. I'm sure he had no idea what was going on. It was more for us anyway.

So, happy birthday little fella. You better be with me until I'm well into my late thirties. "That's all I've got to say about that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home